Thanks to the collaboration between Amazon and iRobot, Alexa will now be available to Roomba Vacuum Cleaners.
With this voice integration, you can easily command Alexa to ask Roomba to start, stop or pause cleaning, without lifting a finger.
“iRobot is aggressively pursuing opportunities within the connected home to improve our customers’ experience with our cleaning robots. The latest updates for the iRobot HOME App make cleaning with an iRobot Roomba vacuuming robot even more user friendly, with voice-activated commands, enhanced mapping features and useful post-cleaning reports. These are exciting next steps towards our vision of an ecosystem of home robots that work collaboratively and further enable the smart home,” said Colin Angle, chairman and CEO of iRobot.
The new Alexa skill will be available in the US during the second quarter of this year and is compatible with any connected Roomba vacuum.
- Has a 3-Stage Cleaning system that uses a combination of agitation, brushing and suction.
- Has an iAdapt Responsive Navigation that allows your Roomba to navigate in your home, cleaning around the clutter and avoiding the stairs.
- Automatically docks and recharges on its own and allows owners to schedule cleaning up to 7x per week.
- Features an AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System that provides up to 5x air power.
- Can clean up to 3 rooms, one after the other, while using sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home.
- Delivers twice as many cleaning cycles than the previous model and has a self-charging so Roomba is always ready to clean.
- With an AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System with Carpet boost that provides up to 10x air power
- Its Multi-Room Navigation and iAdapt camera make the Roomba move from room to room and keep track of its location
- It can rup up to 120 minutes and automatically recharges and resumes on its own till the entire cleaning job is done.